Our day-to-day adventures as we experience life abroad.

Friday, April 06, 2007

And while I'm on the subject of food...

I actually found pecans in this town. They're at one upscale grocery store. They're about $12 for a cup. Ridiculous. If I were a pecan dealer, I'd give my clients a better price than that.

But since it is now possible to buy them here (even if it requires a week's salary), I decided I'd introduce them to my Russian coworkers. So I brought in some pecans (that I'd ordered from the US) and some walnuts to show the difference.

My young female friend was somewhat hesistant, but when she tried them, she loved them. She said walnuts and pecans are like dark and milk chocolate- same basic taste, but one's a bitter variant and the other is sweet.

My two male coworkers claimed they couldn't tell the difference. It didn't stop them from eating the entire bag, however.

I shouldn't have told them where to get them. I could have made a killing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home