Our day-to-day adventures as we experience life abroad.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

event insanity

Our office is always getting invitations to stuff. I guess there's big demand for Americans to stand around at events and pretend we're important. The past week has been especially ridiculous, both in the number of invitations and because I've opted to join in on nearly every one that came through.

Sunday, I went to a jewelry exhibition with "Helen." Monday night, Jonathan and I went to a concert at Mikhailovsky Castle of a traditional Russian horn ensemble. Tuesday night there was a fancy stand-around-with-champagne type party to welcome one of our coworkers. Today, I just got home from the opening of a photo exhibition put on by the Guggenheim, and as soon as I finish my sandwich, tonight I'm going to the Russian MTV Music Awards.

What does one wear to the Russian MTV Music Awards??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home