Our day-to-day adventures as we experience life abroad.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

so close, so tantalizingly close...

Well y'all, sorry I haven't written much lately, but every day for the past, oh, 2 weeks, I've been promised that the rest of our things will arrive. And they haven't. Consequently I've been spending my days getting amped up and then disappointed. We are told that tomorrow, seriously, honestly, we mean in this time, that our things are FINALLY going to arrive and we'll FINALLY be able to truly settle into our new place. I hope I'm not jinxing it by blogging about it. But one of our coworkers did mention the happy arrival of their possessions, and our stuff was on the same truck, so barring some sort of disaster, we will get our things tomorrow. So, I'll be busy sorting through all that for the next few days, which means further blog delays. Sorry.

In the meantime, I leave you with something totally awesome. We've been looking for a place that delivers pizza so we have something to munch on while we unpack. What I found was: Mr. Pizza.



It's fabulous because the website is in English and you can order online. Not to sound like a lazy American or anything, but I've been concentrating all my food vocabulary on hoagies, not pizza, so I'm relieved that I have time to study up AND get pizza at the same time. Also, the pizza's pretty tasty.

The best part about the whole thing, though, is the hilarity of the text on the website. The crowning glory is this notice that you receive when you place an order:

"If everything is correct, please press the submit order button to complete the process. Mr. Pizza or Mrs. Pizza will call you after receiving the order to confirm. Thank you for welcoming Mr. Pizza into your computer!!! Now it is time to LET HIM OUT!!!"

Yes, tomorrow, while we LET OUT!!! our belongings, we will LET OUT!!! Mr. (or Mrs!) Pizza at the same time. I just hope you LET ME OUT!!! of guilt for not writing a more interesting blog this week. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home