Our day-to-day adventures as we experience life abroad.

Friday, August 04, 2006

movin' on up

Well everyone, I'm sad to report that this will be the extent of my blog for this week... because, amen, at last, we are moving out of our temporary place into our permanent place today. Hooray!! When we get into our offical quarters, we will be settling down for the longest time we've ever spent in the same apartment. So once we're in, I want to make sure everything's just right.

There are a few cons about leaving our current place- the old-fashioned high ceilings, the cute little old doorman, the really big kitchen. And we've gotten to know this neighborhood- our favorite produkti is so close, and our favorite ice cream shop. But, there are many many pros to the new pad. First of all, the location's great- a shorter commute to work, closer to the metro, and closer to a park. The building is awesome- it has a great gym, a sauna and a pool, and a nice courtyard. And inside the apartment, we get some modern amenities such as controlling our heating (which aparently is a rare feature- most people are stuck with whatever setting the city decides on), having our own washer/dryer, and best of all, free DSL!

Yes, everyone, I won't be griping about this friggin' dial-up much longer. Just a little bit more for now though... truly, it's been horrible. I mean, besides the slow speed, it only connects like 1 in 5 times. I'm always getting some message about the "remote computer not responding" or some crap. Plus having to go buy a calling card once a week for more minutes. Argh. At last, I'll be able to find out the weather for the day in less than 15 minutes, or know that when I stay up late to write an email to someone back home so they'll get it today that I won't be cursing the computer at midnight when it won't connect. Like it's doing right now. Grrrrr.

Here's hoping I actually get this up today... and soon, so soon, I'll be updating you on our new digs. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home